FootGolf Rules & Attire
Introducing the one-of-a-kind sport that has swept across the nation!
FootGolf Rules & Attire
The Rules of FootGolf
These rules are a revised version of the first FootGolf World Cup Rules played in Budapest, Hungary in June 2012. All of the FIFG Member countries in November 2013 were invited to provide their opinion on the rules of play and a list of alternative options. The FIFG discussed each of these alternatives individually, reviewed and considered all the options and, in the cases where the majority agreed, changed the rules to suit.
The Rules in the US
American FootGolf League (AFGL), the exclusive member of the Federation for International FootGolf (FIFG) and the governing body for the sport of FootGolf in the US, plays under the FIFG Rules of FootGolf>>
There are 10 basic rules to FootGolf:
- Wear golf apparel all the time that includes: flat, ivy or drivers hat, a collard shirt, golf pants or shorts and knee high argyle socks.
- Your ball must be easy to identify.
- Review the scorecard and wait for your turn. Make sure your kick will not interfere with other players.
- The ball must be played in a single movement. Your foot should be set separate from the ball, clearly behind, before the kick.
- Wait to play until the ball has completely come to rest. (It is not legal to stop the ball from rolling with the wind).
- Kick off your ball from a position up to two meters behind the round markers (tee markers).
- The order is established based on the score of the previous hole. The player with the best score will be the first to kick off on the next hole followed by the second, etc.
- Play the ball from where it lies: It's not allowed to move the ball or remove jammed objects.
- Exception: You may mark the spot and lift the ball when it may obstruct the other players kick or ball in any way.
- The player farthest from the hole is the first to kick the ball.
- If the ball lands in a water hazard, retrieve or replace it within two steps from the closest land point from where the ball entered the water, receiving one penalty point, or you can place the ball at the position of the previous kick and receive one penalty point.
- Only on the greens may the balls be picked up to be cleaned or replaced.
- Regardless of the distance from the hole, the hole must be completed. 'Giving' to the opponent is not allowed.
The American FootGolf League (AFGL) is the exclusive member of the FIFG and governing body for the sport of FootGolf in the United States. The AFGL is creating the necessary structure working with golf courses to bring FootGolf to their clubs as another avenue for revenue and to develop the game further.
Marty Sanchez Links de Santa Fe is an official member of the American FootGolf League.